Sunday, June 2, 2013

~ Author !! Author !! ~


I've been up to something.......
And what might that be, you ask?

Well I've been up to my ears in a labor of love.

I am thrilled to say that I have published my first novel.


Isn't she lovely????
(Special thanks to my wonderful graphic designer:
Nicole Spence of Covershotcreations.com)


I wrote my first book when I was thirteen.
I gladly exchanged the bulk of my sunny days that summer for
afternoons on the back porch at a make shift table surrounded by pens, pencils, and paper.
And I marveled as I watched the little character I had dreamed up take shape and come to life.
That was my first foray into writing, not to be my last.


I always knew I would write a real book one day.
I was positive there was one rattling around in there somewhere.
I assumed that I would write after I retired, when I had 'time.'
Ah yes, the elusive "TIME" that goes hand in hand with "TOMORROW".
But I should have known that all good things come to you in their OWN time.
So imagine my delight when this little idea fell from the cosmos and landed in my lap,
 just begging to be told.




My inspirations come on like a tidal wave.
They wash over me in their entirety. Be it decorating a room, or writing a poem.....it comes to me completed. That is the way my creativity works. Always has.
So I shouldn't have been surprised that while soaking in my
 inspiration chamber ( the bubble bath)
this story came to me,start to finish; title and characters included.
I could barely scramble out of the bath fast enough to start taking notes of everything
as it was spilling out of my brain. And from that moment on it was a mad obsession to get it down on paper.
I have been Exhausted & Exhilarated
I have laughed out loud
and worried myself silly
with countless hours spent at the computer......

(Mr. Wonderful snapped little pic of me toiling away.)



not to mention drove Mr. Wonderful to the brink ! Yikes!!
But he has borne it all with such patience.


I've been working working working
for months and months now;
Nurturing this little baby.
And now I am prepared to send it out into the world.
I have done all I can. 
And now I must step back and see
if it has wings to fly.

And now here it is for all the world to see.

check it out on  Amazon



Speaking of working....
I have been busy burning the proverbial candle at both ends for months
as I continued to work full time and spent every free minute writing.
And I think NOW is a good time to take a step back.
Now that my book is done, I would like to take the time to enjoy it.
Writing it is only half the story, for there is still much to be done with promotion.
So something's gotta give! Ha ha
SOOOOO
 this is a fond farewell, for now, my friends.
Thank you to all of you dear and wonderful people
who took the time to stop by for a visit or two
to my little 'Dressed Up Cottage'
I loved each and every minute.
I will still make time to stop by and visit all my favorite people in the world and see what you are up to.

And if you are so inclined
please stop by and visit me at terrileeauthor.com
or on Facebook
or Twitter @terrileeauthor

I would still love to hear from you!


Wish me well






18 comments:

  1. EEEeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (that's my incredibly excited squeel that my family knows well) I'm so excited to read it!!! How exciting and wonderful and I certainly think there cannot be enough Jane Austen related novels out there. So very excited for you as well as this is an amazing accomplishment! I very much want to write a book someday as well (when I once again have a bit of spare time and am not running around the hospital as a crazed student or studying so much). Again, so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerri. I knew you would be happy with the news; as we are kindred spirits. I hope you like the book, let me know what you think. If you want to write a book, then hold onto that dream...it will be still there when you are ready. :)
      xo
      Terri

      Delete
  2. Although I am so happy for, excited for, and proud of you for this huge accomplishment, I am BUMMED about this beautiful blog being put to bed. :-( It just feels RIGHT to me. I hope you will consider bringing it back when you've had the time you need to do the other million things you're good at! I do look forward to reading this. I'll just have to do with all the books that certain to come spilling forth! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear that my musings will be missed. And I am a bit sad to say to good-bye to 'The Dressed Up Cottage', but my teeny tiny brain can only process so much at one time :) And right now all my energy is devoted elsewhere.
      Thank you for being such a devoted follower, my dear friend.
      xo
      Terri

      Delete
  3. Of course I am sad that we are saying goodbye to the "dressed up cottage" but maybe someday there will be another one. However, I am so happy for you my friend!!! You writing this book was an amazing accomplishment! Something you have always wanted to do and you never let go of! What an inspiration to all! And I must say it's an absolute beautiful story!!!! It was so hard to put down and now that I am finished I just may start it all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear PeaceLover, Kate will be glad to hear that you enjoyed her story. :)
      Hopefully there will be many more stories to intrigue you.
      Love you
      Terri

      Delete
  4. Dear Terri,

    WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! Screamed thrice! You sneaky thing :) Many, many congratulations! I am so happy for you, Terri. Truly! If you are ever in the DC, MD, VA areas for a book tour, please let me know. I will be the first in line, my friend.

    As for The Dressed Up Cottage: I am sad but understand. I'll miss your weekly posts. Do surprise us with a post every once in a while when you have a moment.

    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Trifecta of Wows!!! :O Love it!!!
      I'm pretty excited as well. And you bet, if I'm anywhere near your area, I'll be making a detour to Tone on Tone.

      Thank you so much for all your kind words here at my little Dressed Up Cottage. Your consistent encouragement has meant the world to me.

      Be sure that I will continue to see what you've been up to. :)
      XO
      Terri

      Delete
    2. Absolutely my pleasure! As we both started blogging about the same time, I feel we share a little bond :) I've enjoyed your posts...think I only missed one or two. Good luck with your book, Terri! Please stay in touch ~ L

      Delete
  5. DONT WORRY folks I ll get her back to her BLOG TUST ME

    Mr WounderFULL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Terri...I have missed you, but hope you are happy and well!! What a wonderful road to embark on....all the best...N.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors.
    military shirts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing I've been looking for something just like this.
    Web Development Company

    ReplyDelete

  10. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
    Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a Great while writing in the blogs it is awesome I liked it too much good and informative thanks for the sharing.
    wholesale gold necklaces & bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is in ability a nice array for all .I like this array complete abounding
    face recognition system in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing...Eastern Voyage Pvt. Ltd. is one of the leading Travel Agents & Tour Operators in India with branch & associate offices all over India and in Nepal.
    Odisha Travel Agents

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each and every comment. If you have any questions, I will answer them here, so make sure to check back.